About the word Shekinah

The word Shekinah (shuh-kigh-nuh) means dwelling. It refers to the visible manifestation of the presence (or Shekinah Glory) of God. A luminous cloud. It is the very presence of God on earth. (see Holy Bible-Exodus 24:9-18)

Friday, January 30, 2009

"Fresh Kill"

The Sharp-shinned Hawk came back today with a fresh kill. My daughter alerted me to his presence and I grabbed my camera and went running up to my blind. As usual, I took a few shots for good measure and then slowly and carefully opened the window. He didn't fly away, but as nature would dictate, he was very nervous as he ate his catch.

We didn't see him catch it so I don't know if he caught one of our birds or brought it to our yard to eat. I'd like to think it was not one of the birds I feed and get so much enjoyment out of on a daily basis. Nature is nature, but...

Near the end of his feed he dropped the last piece of food he had, looked down and tilted his head right and left and looked down as if confused or trying to decide if it was worth picking up. In the end, he decided to leave it and he flew up into our tree and then off and away.

Since I don't have my new zoom lens, yet, I count it a blessing to have connections with the creator of the universe at times like these. I thank God for bringing the birds closer to me until I can get closer to them. LOL













To see the rest of the series, CLICK HERE.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails