About the word Shekinah

The word Shekinah (shuh-kigh-nuh) means dwelling. It refers to the visible manifestation of the presence (or Shekinah Glory) of God. A luminous cloud. It is the very presence of God on earth. (see Holy Bible-Exodus 24:9-18)

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"High Voltage"

We recently went out for a shoot out on the Snake River Plateau. There, we saw some of the Idaho Power lines. I used a closer one to frame the ones going off into the distance. I loved the colors and how the mountains had different depths due to the haze in the sky.
In the above shot, I took a different approach. I used the power lines in the distance, only as scale to show the vastness of the area. I like how the sunlight spills over the Owyhee Mountain Range.


On the way back home, I saw this empty nest in a lone tree and decided to stop for a shot of it. Spring is coming and this empty nest will hopefully soon be filled with a nesting pair of birds. I used a different processing technique with this shot. I like it, but I'm not so sure it was as successful as I'd hoped it would be.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails