About the word Shekinah

The word Shekinah (shuh-kigh-nuh) means dwelling. It refers to the visible manifestation of the presence (or Shekinah Glory) of God. A luminous cloud. It is the very presence of God on earth. (see Holy Bible-Exodus 24:9-18)

Friday, October 31, 2008

"Farewell to Fall"

The winds of change are blowing our way today. According to the weather report, rain is expected this evening and through the middle of next week, as well as cooler temperatures.

This will mean the end of the fall foliage in our area. The wind and rain will surely fell the rest of them. This is such a sad time of year for me. This means my favorite season is on its way out and I must again wait another year for the visual splendor that is autumn.


This fall may be even more melancholy for me than usual, since this time next year one of my children will have graduated and I will only have one child left in school. The seasons of life seem to continue to change and bring the close of some things and the beginning of others. Things that were will be no more, and things that were not before...will now begin.


It's time to light the fireplace and make the mix for our favorite hot cocoa. Time to get out the winter clothes, dust off the snow boots, stack the wood pile and to look forward to cold, and snow and icicles and Christmas lights! Okay, so I like winter too, but I will surely miss fall.

And now, a parting shot as I bid farewell to autumn...

To see more of my fall images, CLICK HERE.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails