About the word Shekinah

The word Shekinah (shuh-kigh-nuh) means dwelling. It refers to the visible manifestation of the presence (or Shekinah Glory) of God. A luminous cloud. It is the very presence of God on earth. (see Holy Bible-Exodus 24:9-18)

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Autumn Bridge

Fall is here! Pumpkins, leaves and scarecrows have been placed indoors to celebrate the season. As the Scentsy bricks heat and melt, the aroma of pumpkin spice fills the air causing me to dream of freshly baked pie. The fireplace gives off it's warm, romantic glow. Outside, however, it's a much different story. There's a crisp breeze in the air, and the leaves are turning to bright yellows, oranges, and reds. With each gust of wind, more leaves detach from their suspended home and float down to the ground below. Short-term guests arrive in our yard as the birds stop by for water and nutrients they will need for their southward flight before the cold of winter arrives; but they will return.

I so enjoy the fall; and photographing it is always such a peaceful, enjoyable, even worshipful time for me. I am glad God created the season of fall, with all of it's beauty and wonder. I have so many images from the weekend that I want to process and share, but this one will have to do for now. I took this image in Payette, Idaho, this past weekend. I almost got run over by some locals taking this one.

Enjoy the fall colors. If you want to see more of my fall images, CLICK HERE.

3 comments:

welcometomyfrontporch said...

That is beautiful! Nothing like what it is here. We are in the middle of a blizzard.

Anonymous said...

-This is just beautiful...I can keep looking n looking!

Juanita (CP)

Laura said...

Beautiful landscape! I love the colors.

Related Posts with Thumbnails