About the word Shekinah

The word Shekinah (shuh-kigh-nuh) means dwelling. It refers to the visible manifestation of the presence (or Shekinah Glory) of God. A luminous cloud. It is the very presence of God on earth. (see Holy Bible-Exodus 24:9-18)

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

"I Will Lift Up My Eyes"

“I will lift up my eyes to the mountains; from whence shall my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.” Psalm 121:1-2




My husband took me shooting this evening. There's an inversion going on right now, so it's pretty hazy. I wasn't sure what this shoot would produce. It was quite windy and chilly, in fact, my husband ended up back in the car quite a bit before I was done shooting.

The warm light of the setting sun, was contradictory to what I was feeling as the wind broke through my ill chosen clothing. I hadn't planned on the wind and should've known better. Slowly, the layers of the distant hills got dimmer and dimmer. The light got lower and lesser, and the hills continued to fade into the distance. As the canyon walls dropped into shadow, the orange light from the sky reflected on the Snake River; far below the canyon walls, causing it to glow. Night was insisting on its turn, and it was a beautiful sight.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails