About the word Shekinah

The word Shekinah (shuh-kigh-nuh) means dwelling. It refers to the visible manifestation of the presence (or Shekinah Glory) of God. A luminous cloud. It is the very presence of God on earth. (see Holy Bible-Exodus 24:9-18)

Monday, April 7, 2008

"Close Encounters #1"

I shot this ostrich close up when we went on the Photo Caravan Safari last month when I went to California. It's something I had always dreamed of doing when I lived in San Diego County, but had never gotten to do. It was so awesome being right down amongst the animals. This ostrich was a challenge because he just kept moving, poking his head up and down next to out truck. We were told that they wouldn't bother our jackets on the seats, but one time I turned around to find my jacket in its mouth and half way off the truck. I'll try to add a shot of his face peeking over the side of the truck. It was so cute!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails